Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Absent

I think those NYC posts not only most likely wore out my readers, but the writer too! At least I know that our families read it, so I guess it was worth it! (I wouldn't blame you if you did not read all of the posts!) I wish that was my reason for being a bit absent lately on the blogging. Actually for about fours weeks now I have been once again studying for my CFP exam (Certified Financial Planner). This test is kind of my "thorn in my side", but I am trying it again. Yes, I say again. This will be my fourth time to take this darn test - four time's a charm right! Its very humbling to admit that this is the fourth time since 2005 that I have taken this test, but no need in hiding right. Each time I start about 2-3 months out and study for about 3-5 hours a day! Ouch that hurts! Its really not too bad, because I honestly do enjoy what I am studying. I also try to split up those hours each day by studying in the morning, during lunch, and then again at night. I try to take a break on Saturdays afternoons, but other than that each day pretty much consists of eating, sleeping, working out, and studying. Sounds fun right? Not so much! Anyways, I would ask that if you could remember me in your prayers until the end of November I would appreciate it. I am not real sure why I have been so close to passing in my past tests and haven't, but the Lord has His reasons and I am just trying to learn the lesson (many of which I already have). So I would ask that if it comes to mind please pray for discipline in my studying, that I would be able to retain all the information, and that I would do my best on the test. From there it is in the Lord's hands!
So if I am slow on posting, just know its because I am studying and not just being a bad blogger!

10 comments:

Jenifer said...

To make you feel better...I enjoyed reading all your NYC posts. I was re-living my journey to New York through yours.

amy said...

good luck with your test!!! we'll pray for your studying discipline!
great job on the nyc posts!! wow! i bet that did wear you out.

Ingram Gang said...

Eating, sleeping, working out and studying? Did you quit your day job? :) kidding.

Okay, maybe we can help you. You can relay the information you are learning but having a hard time retaining on here and therefore we will all learn a bit of useful information (that will probably look like morse code to me) and maybe the regurgitation of the info. will help you out as well. what do you think?

No?
Okay, well I will still be praying for you. Promise.

Reese Family said...

I'll definitely keep you in my prayers! I know this test needs to be passed and out of your hair!! I enjoyed your NYC posts, too by the way. You took some great pictures, and you made me wish I was eating at those yummy bakeries with you!

Melis said...

We are praying for you fo' sho'! We love you tons & are so proud of all of your hard work! Loved having you over too!

Julia Soler said...

I'll absolutely be remembering you in my prayers....good luck!!!

Micahl said...

Well, for the record, I did read each and every one of your NYC posts! i love reading about people traveling!

I will be lifting you up over the next several months. Mandy, I so admire your perseverance and discipline with the exam---I know how how much effort goes into it, and I don't know if I would have had it in me to keep going. God does have a plan for it, and He is being glorified through it!

BTW, I ordered this great new cookie book, and Tiffany and I are making plans for a cookie date! I'll let you know what we decide, and if you need a study break i'll make extra cookies for you to come decorate with us!

Sarah said...

WOW!! You have such discipline, good for you! You will definitely be in my prayers!!

Sam and Mandy said...

Wow, thanks for all the prayers and encouraging words! I really do appreciate it; I am so blessed by the people in my life!

Shanna said...

I enjoyed reading your New York posts. We went on a vacation to NY at the end of June/first of July. I invite you to read my NY blog post. By the way, I found your blog through a friend's, and I love reading it. I would love to know how you created your fun Halloween header.

Shanna