So here is the start to many blogs about our recent trip to New York! We had the best time! Wednesday morning we woke up, did some last minute packing, and got to the airport. We had a pretty uneventful flight and then I saw it!!! As we flew over the city to get to the airport I could not believe what I saw (I really felt like a small-town Texas girl). I had never seen so many buildings and so much concrete smashed into one area. I am not sure what I expected to see, but not that! And that's when the craziness of NYC began! Our taxi driver was great. About 15 minutes into the drive he asks us if this is our first time to the city. I am not sure what gave it away: us taking pictures of each other in the taxi or our heads going every which way trying to see everything as we pass! We told him yes, and from that point on he was our tour guide that introduced us to all New York entails.
I think one of my biggest surprises about NYC is how old everything is (duh...not sure why I did not put this one together) and how much of a "city" is really is. Its not all glamore and glaze as you see on tv, its a hard-core city with millions of people!!
So we got to our hotel about mid afternoon, checked-in, and instantly went out to see Times Square. We were introduced to the smell of NYC, the subway, and the fact that it seemed that everyone there smoked!!! But besides those few things, we had so much fun exploring and taking pictures. We also had our first of many pieces of pizza for a quick dinner (delicious!!). We then caught our double-decker tour bus which took us on a 2 1/2 hour night tour of the city. I am so glad that we did that. It helped us get our barrings and gave us a glimpse of everything we would later go back and see. Plus I loved learning the history and all the fun details! We have lots of great pictures from this experience! The funniest part of the tour was at the very end when our tour guide was walking up and down the isle asking for his tip and WACK...that's right, he was standing up too tall and a street sign was hanging a bit too low. Thankfully he was fine, I think it probably hurt him more than he put it, but it gave us a pretty good laugh!
I think one of my biggest surprises about NYC is how old everything is (duh...not sure why I did not put this one together) and how much of a "city" is really is. Its not all glamore and glaze as you see on tv, its a hard-core city with millions of people!!
So we got to our hotel about mid afternoon, checked-in, and instantly went out to see Times Square. We were introduced to the smell of NYC, the subway, and the fact that it seemed that everyone there smoked!!! But besides those few things, we had so much fun exploring and taking pictures. We also had our first of many pieces of pizza for a quick dinner (delicious!!). We then caught our double-decker tour bus which took us on a 2 1/2 hour night tour of the city. I am so glad that we did that. It helped us get our barrings and gave us a glimpse of everything we would later go back and see. Plus I loved learning the history and all the fun details! We have lots of great pictures from this experience! The funniest part of the tour was at the very end when our tour guide was walking up and down the isle asking for his tip and WACK...that's right, he was standing up too tall and a street sign was hanging a bit too low. Thankfully he was fine, I think it probably hurt him more than he put it, but it gave us a pretty good laugh!
Times Square at first glance
The m&m store...they had every color imaginable!
If you know us at all, you know that food was a big part of this trip!
The start of the tour
Looking at NYC from the Brooklyn Bridge Park
Empire State Building at night 

5 comments:
That picture of you at the bakery is so cute. Cool pictures! Oh, to be vacationing right now!
Way fun! My glad you enjoyed your trip. I've never been to NYC, but one day I will.
how fun! thanks for the details!
the description is so good, i almost feel like i was there.
glad you are home safe 'n' sound!
Keep the pictures coming! Send me the album please!
That was a funny story too! Poor tour guide!
Wow, sounds like you had a great vacation! Awesome pictures too :-)
Post a Comment