What's been going on with us lately...oh yes, that's right - S.T.U.D.Y.I.N.G!!! I feel like we are back in college. We come home every night, eat, go workout if we haven't already that day, and then stay up until midnight (or for Sam later) studying!!! This past weekend I had an all weekend class and now this whole we Sam has "boot camp". Really that is what they call it. Basically think of it as Sam would say as "computer nerd boot camp". I really wish I knew the right terminology, but basically he is trying to get a pretty tough certification for his field. I believe this course is through Microsoft. What I do know is that the boot camp is Monday-Monday 8am-8pm (or later) every day!! During the course of the week he will take 4 tests. With each test that he passes he will get a certification, then at the end if he passes all 4 tests, then he gets the big daddy of certifications (again, not sure of the terminology...Sam help me out here!). The good news is the he is one test down, and only three more to go. The even better news is that he passed the first one, and only has three more to go. The bad news is the he has a cold!!! We are drinking the vitamin C energy drinks like crazy at our house; this is not the time for either of us to get sick!!! That is honestly our life as of now, so if I am not posting anything interesting, it is because I am sparing you the details of our studying. If I went much further I would begin to teach you what I am learning and you probably don't want that - just a hunch!
We did get to have some fun this past weekend. Our good friends Jennifer and Jacob came to town to celebrate Jennifer's birthday and to shop for her new job! We got to hang out at night, so that was quite the release from studying! It was so great to see them, and I was really glad that we got to celebrate Jennifer's birthday together! Sam and Jacob also got to play a round of golf on a BEAUTIFUL fall day (mind you I was holed up in a classroom at a study course ALL DAY!). I did not catch too many pictures, but here are a few!

3 comments:
-I remember "study Mandy" from college. :)
-Your hair is getting long, too.
-Sam doesn't need a certification to tell him he's a nerd.
-Did Jenn get a new job? What is she doing?
It's looks like you are still finding (some) time to have fun with friends!
Love the pictures of all of you! Good luck to you and Sam in your studies :-)
good luck to both of you!
ok, that mustache picture is about the funniest thing EVER!! Sam looks pretty cool. is it gone now that the poll voted it off?
and, the vacuum post makes me laugh! i married a vacuum killer. i lost count how many we have gone through in our marriage. but he finally bought me a new dyson today and it's on its way...
i'm so excited for your newly painted cabinets!!!
and, as always, all your treats look delish and the presentation is awesome!
Post a Comment