Friday, October 24, 2008

These are a few of Sammy's favorite things....

I was tagged awhile back by Magen to make a list of Sam's favorite things. Since I did this awhile back for me, I thought it would be fun to do for Sam also!!!

In no particular order, Sam's favorite things:

Computers/electronics - Obviously Sam is very interested and maybe even highly loves computers/electronics! I mean, he is a computer nerd for a living (if anyone takes offense to that comment, he will say it himself) Being a computer nerd is not at all bad though and he is very handy to have around when things won't work! He often names his electronics. For example his apple computer is named Mrs. Mac (after a teach from our elementary school) and our GPS is named Natalia (I think he said this is from a Bond movie). Anyone that knows Sam at all knows his love for computers/electronics, so I will leave it at that. (They also know not to give it to him to work on because before they know it he will have it taken apart in a million pieces!!)

ME - Need I say more??? Just kidding!!! I would have to say though that since he married me and is stuck with me for the REST OF HIS LIFE, that he is obviously pretty fond of me!!! I love him more than words could even express!


God - My man loves the Lord and strives to live his life for him daily. It is so wonderful to have a husband who loves the Lord with all his heart!

Sports - What guy doesn't love sports??? I have to say though that where Sam is a bit different is that he isn't as obsessed with watching every single game (praise the Lord for me on that one!). Don't get me wrong we watch plenty of sports & ESPN and he is way into fantasy sports, but he would rather be playing sports than watching it. Obviously he loves baseball. Although he hasn't played a real competitive game since college, it still runs through his blood! Every time spring rolls around he is calling his baseball buddies asking them if they can "feel" the season beginning. WEIRDO!!! Since he doesn't have baseball he has come to grips with playing softball. He plays in a few leagues pretty much all year round. I will take a moment to brag that at his last tournament he was MVP of the tournament and he often gets the game ball at his regular season games! He would never be the one to tell you those things, but this is my time to brag on my husband a bit! He also highly enjoys playing golf, tennis, and basketball.


Desserts - This man LOVES desserts! Its sad because he eats pretty healthy (well most of the time), but when it comes to desserts DO NOT GET IN HIS WAY!!! I guess he's pretty lucky since I love to bake - wait maybe that makes him unlucky!!! Anyways, the real sad part about his love for sweets is Little Debby snacks - Zebra cakes to be exact. I think she might be his second love! He wanted to have a Little Debby cake at our wedding! Now that I think about it, I should have just let him because it would have truly been Sam! I am a mean wife though and never buy these for him - no processed food in my house!!!


Friends and Family - Sam has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I know. His love for his friends and family run very deep. He would do anything for his friends and family members! Some people think Sam is shy, but get him around those he loves and the true Sam comes out!! We have more fun with our friends and families!

It's pretty sad that the last picture I have with all his buddies is from our wedding! (He is going to be sad after me saying that!)



The Sessler fam (minus Sarah...sorry Sarah) Did I mention also how much Sam loves his grandparents???

Beatles - Sam loves the Beatles. He knows every song, all their history, has tons of memorabilia, and all the movies and Cd's. We even put a Beatles song in our wedding ceremony!!

Hunting/Fishing - Nature is where Sam feels "in his element". Honestly if he did not have to work and did not live in the city, I think he could be outside doing one of these things all day long. When we go on vacation to the mountains I hardly ever see him because he can stay out there forever trying to get something! I think it is a great thing that Sam and his dad have together. I would say when they are hunting and fishing is when they get their true bonding time. The memories with his dad on these trips will be something that Sam will cherish forever!

Coffee - Last, is coffee. Morning, night, middle of the afternoon, hot, cold, dark, cream, sugar he'll drink it! I am not sure how he drinks so much coffee, but it seems to get him through his days! His favorite is to drink it right before going to bed! If I did that, I would be up for the entire night!!! He is not picky about his coffee either. It does not have to be Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts (of which he loves both), just give the guy some coffee!!!

Well those are just a few of Sam's favorite things. I am sure there are many more that I am just not thinking about, but hopefully you know Sam just a bit better than before after reading this!

1 comment:

Sammy said...

hooooray for meeeeeeeeeeee