Next, I can officially say that fall is here. It by no means feels or looks like fall her in the DFW area, but none the less, it is here! And since it is here, that means it is time for fall recipes!! Pumpkin to be exact. These things seem to be popping up everywhere and I am falling for them all. Now, I must confess that I have not made one of them of the recipes that I am going to share. I have had the opportunity to try one of them, but I have high hopes that they will all be delicious! I wanted to go ahead and share them though because I wanted you all to be able to take some new fall desserts to your dinners with friends, bible studies, work, or just to bring fall into your home! Let me know if you try one, and let me know how they turned out! I plan to share a few today and a few later this week! I hope you enjoy!!
Quick Pumpkin Pudding - This sounds so easy!!!
1 (6 oz.) package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk (1-1/2 cups)
1 (15 oz.) can pure pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Whipped cream for topping
Beat pudding mix and evaporated milk according to package directions in a large bowl; refrigerate for 5 min. Add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; mix well. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until ready to serve. Top with whipped cream.
Makes 8 servings
NOTE: I honestly have no idea where I found this recipe. I wish I could give credit where credit was due, but I can't. The picture that I have printed out was really cute though. They served each portion in glass mugs or glass serving dishes.
Chocolate-Pumpkin Brownies
PUMPKIN BATTER:1 Tbs unsalted butter, softened
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
1 Tbs all-purpose flour
CHOCOLATE BATTER:
5½ ounces best-quality semisweet- chocolate, finely chopped
1¼ sticks (5 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1½ cups granulated sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter 13x9-inch baking dish.
2. Prepare pumpkin batter: In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter with cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sugar, scraping bowl occasionally. Bet in egg, then add pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger. Stir in flour.
3. Prepare chocolate batter: Combine semisweet chocolate and butter in a medium bowl. Set bowl over saucepan with 1-inch of simmering water and stir occasionally until melted. Remove from heat. In a separate bowl, combine eggs with sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat at low speed until light and fluffy- about 4 minutes. Using a large rubber spatula, fold in melted chocolate. Sift flour over the batter and fold it in just until combined.
4. Spread chocolate batter evenly in prepared pan. Using a Tablespoon, drop dollops of the pumpkin batter all over the top. Using the back of a butter knife, swirl the pumpkin batter slightly into the chocolate.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes (starting checking on brownies at 30 minutes to see if they're done- a toothpick inserted into center should come out clean).
6. Let brownies cool completely before cutting.
Yield: 24 brownies
Find recipe and picture online here!
I really want to go home and make these now, but I guess I'll just have to wait until I have an occasion to make them!
5 comments:
I've tried to get rid of that background to the header, but its not working...any other help...funny thing though...the word verification for this comment is a perfect fit for your blog...it looks like it says pumpkin...its pmpnhzda (okay, it does in that fancy font that its in on the page, but not so much when I type it.)
WOW...those sound so yummy!!! I may have to try the bars. I have a couple of Paula Deen recipes posted on my blog that are out of this world!
We are making pumpkin shaped sugar cookies with orange icing this afternoon. Does that count for baking? I think I should get extra points for letting the mini-chefs help.
Thanks for my card! :)
I'm going to try these pumpkin brownies as soon as I can! Chocolate + pumpkin = yummy.
A friend of mine who reads your blog sent me the link because of the recipes. I made the brownies and they're so good! Any chance you'd post the recipe for the cookies you make? Those shoe ones were adorable!
Post a Comment