Monday, October 13, 2008

Family Time

My mom came to visit this past weekend and we had such a good time visiting. Usually when our parents come to visit we pack so much into the weekend that we feel like we don't really get to "see" them. This weekend was the complete opposite! All weekend Richard, Jennifer, my mom, and I just hung out and spent some quality time together. We didn't really do anything too exciting, but it was such a great weekend! With all my studying, non-exciting, restful weekends are the best. Then add family to that, and it just doesn't get any better. The only bad part was that Sam was out of town all of last week and didn't get to spend time with us except for about two hours on Sunday before my mom left. As you can tell from the picture below, it seems as though he was having plenty of fun in Orlando!! It was for work, but it seems as though he got to have some fun with Mickey and friends!!! Let me just say that I am SO happy to have him safe at home! (I love this picture; I think I am going to frame it and put it on my desk!)

I also promised that I would post more fun fall desserts. I have a few more, but only have time to post one right now! A lady in my women's bible study group brought this a few weeks ago for us to snack on and I loved it! I then mentioned it to my mom, and she made it for her bible study last week and got great reviews also! I hope at least one person tries this because I promise, it will not be a let down. I might also mention that this recipe makes a lot, so you might consider cutting it in half.

Pumpkin Dip

1 can pumpkin (the smaller can)

2 8 oz cream cheese - softened

4 cups powdered sugar

2 Tbsp cinnamon


Simply mix all the ingredients together and you're done! Serve with ginger snaps. It was also recommended that you serve the dip in a small carved out pumpkin, but if you don't have that much time on your hands just throw it all in a bowl!

Also I wanted to mention that our house is currently in shambles because we finally decided to paint the kitchen cabinets! We decided to bring in the professionals though, so we just get to kick back and wait for the results! It looks like we are having a garage sale throughout our house because we had to clean out everything in the kitchen to allow them to do their thing. Hopefully we are happy with the outcome and that this was all worth it. I'll post pictures soon! I am SO excited!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Sam looks like he is having WAY too much fun at work!

I'm going to try this Pumpkin Dip! I'll let you know how it turns out.

What color are you painting your cabinets?