Friday, October 3, 2008

Girl's Night

Last weekend while Sam was gone, I decided to have some girls over for an all girls night. We had some very yummy food, had girl-talk, had all intentions of watching girly movies, but just never got there. By the end of the night (or early the next morning) we had stuffed our faces, laughed more than I could handle, and grew closer to one another. It was such a fabulous night! I decided to go with an Italian theme for the food because what girl doesn't love bread and pasta! We had artichoke stuff mushrooms, poblano pepper pesto w/ rosemarry bread, motzerella and fresh tomatoes, a yummy salad with candies peacans, and lasaniga. As if that wasn't enough, most importantly (and what I am here to share about) we had creme brulee, red velvet cake balls, and mini peanut-butter chocolate pies for dessert!!! WOW!!!

I sadly had my camera out ready to snap tons of pictures, but I only took five and they did not turn out so hot! I will share a few with you though of the desserts. First is the red velvet cakes balls. These were SUPER easy and ANYONE could make them. There are so many cutes ideas and things you can do with them too if you just get creative. I printed off this recipe months ago to try and have had the red velvet mix forever, but I just now had a chance/reason to make them. The idea/recipe comes from Bakerella. I saw her on Martha Stewart making a version of these., so if Martha likes these, then I like these! So here is the how to:





Red Velvet Cake Balls

1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
wax paper

1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.

2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)

3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50. You can get even more if you use a mini ice cream scooper, but I like to hand roll them.)

4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)

5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.

6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)

These are so super easy, so you all must try them! I also wanted to share a picture (though not a good picture; I MUST get a new camera!) of the mini pies! I got a mini cheesecake pan for my birthday months ago and just now had a chance to use it! So fun! I will most definitely be using that again soon!

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

I can't wait to try out the red velvet cake balls! Red velvet is by far my favorite cake, so I imagine these will be right up my alley. We're playing the newlywed game with our ABF in a couple of weeks, and now I know what I'll be taking! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

PS. I've made something very similar to this using crushed oreos. It's fabulous, and very popular at parites.

Meg said...

Hey thanks for my birthday present....I have a funny story to tell you. I think you'll laugh :)

I'm assuming my fall header is in my e-mail box too?

Anonymous said...

I just found your website and would like to know how I can contact you regarding prices for an order. Do you have a website? kcfiedler@hotmail.com

Jeremy and Hillary said...

Mandy~ that mustache is HILARIOUS!!!!!!

p.s. tell him to shave it off...
i couldn't quit laughing when i just saw the resemblence with the man in the pic with the dog !
hope you guys are having a great week!

~Hillary~

Jeremy and Hillary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeremy and Hillary said...

oops... didn't know the first comment worked :)

Lindsay said...

I'll get you the oreo recipe as soon as I can. All my cookbooks are packed up and ready to move, so it may be a couple of weeks. :-)

Family of 3 said...

Your treats are art!