BooMama is doing a Tour of Homes, and I have just recently figured out what it is and thought I would participate! What a cool idea and a great way to get some good decorating ideas!
WELCOME TO OUR CHRISTMAS HOME!!!
THE TREE
This is the first year for us to have a real Christmas tree! (by real I do not mean alive, but just not a tiny one in our apartment) Yes, it's a fake, but a pre-lit, easy to assemble fake - the best kind! Thanks mom for helping me put it up!
Here's the top. It took me forever to find a tree topper that wasn't weird! I don't love this one, but it will do!
MANTLE
I wanted to take a fun picture with the fire place lit because it is so cozy, but Sam wasn't home and I don't play with fire!!


DINNING ROOM
(sorry these pics are a bit dark!)


THE KITCHEN
There aren't too many decorations in the kitchen (beside all my Christmas serving pieces), but this little area brings in some Christmas cheer! (Fishing Santa = Sam, Baking Santa = Mandy). I keep my Christmas card holder to the right on the wall. They seem to be coming in slower this year!!!

MINI TREE
I don't have a picture of the entire tree, but this mini tree sits in the hall way when you first come in the door. We have made it a tradition to get an ornament everywhere we travel, so this is our "travel" tree! Here's a look at a few ornaments!



THE KITCHEN
There aren't too many decorations in the kitchen (beside all my Christmas serving pieces), but this little area brings in some Christmas cheer! (Fishing Santa = Sam, Baking Santa = Mandy). I keep my Christmas card holder to the right on the wall. They seem to be coming in slower this year!!!

MINI TREE
I don't have a picture of the entire tree, but this mini tree sits in the hall way when you first come in the door. We have made it a tradition to get an ornament everywhere we travel, so this is our "travel" tree! Here's a look at a few ornaments!

CHRISTMAS VILLAGE
Sammy Christmas set this up, and I think it turned out really cute! Our fake "snow" wasn't working for him, so he ended up using the Halloween cobwebs!!
Maybe I'll get some pictures of the outside of the house. Sammy Christmas did a great job putting out the lights. We started out small this year, but hopefully we'll be able to add more each year. (I'm thinking the after Christmas sales!)
I hope you enjoyed our tour! I suggest you now visit BooMama's website, and then do a tour of your own home!



12 comments:
i LOVE the way you put ornaments in the frame on the mantle!!! awesome!
just as a side... you can hardly read your blog with the letters being red on the background!
I think I may have to start the tradition of buying an ornament when we travel. Just wish I had you around to suggest it when I got married 13 years ago ;)
Your home is gorgeous - Merry Christmas!
I love your travel tree idea. Wish we had done that in all our travel.
THanks for sharing.
Looks great Mandy! I love your dining room table and the "framed" ornaments on the mantle. What a great idea! It's actually quite scary how much we all end up decorating/stealing ideas from our moms...
We also do the travel ornaments. We've been writing the month and year on each one, just so we know 20 years from now when we got it and where we went!
I'm sure we'll see you guys soon!
Lovely!
Your tree and topper look great! I love the hanging ornaments, too. I hang them like that on my chandelier sometimes!! So festive!! Thanks for letting us take a look. I hope to have some pics up for the tour tomorrow...we'll see!!
Christmas Blessings,
Becky
Love your mantle.
Lisa
www.houseofmanyblessings.blogspot.com
Beautiful decorations and I love your blog background.
Merry christmas!
I really love the hanging balls in the frame over the mantle!
And the travel tree is such a great idea! We had ornaments from everywhere we have been, but they are in a box... what a great special tree to have!
Also I agree the Christmas cards are coming in slower this year... maybe it is the way the weekends fell with Thanksgiving!
I came from BooMama's tour -- everything looks great! Thanks for having us :-)
Yep, I still lurk...I too love the travel tree idea. I'm going to start now, maybe seek out some retroactive decorations for those places we've been before. It hasn't been too long we've been married so it should be doable.
I tried the red velvet cake balls. They weren't quite as pretty as yours but quite the hit. I think I'm going to try them with the cute sucker sticks next time and candy cups. AND I may try a brownie rendition as well...
I love how you did your house...especially how you hung the Christmas Balls above the mantle...fabulous
Post a Comment