Friday, December 12, 2008

Fudge

I absolutely LOVE fudge! I only eat it at select times of the year though (usually twice) in moderation - well I try at least. First of course at Christmas time, and then when I go to the mountains. I love finding the little homemade fudge shops in the mountains (my favorite is in Red River!). I attempted to make fudge for the first time this week, and I have to say it was a pretty good start! BUT THEN I saw this recipe today on one of my favorite blogs to visit...OREO FUDGE! Fudge + Oreos = AMAZING! So even though it is probably too late for me to attempt this, I wanted to share it so that maybe someone else could try it and let me know if it is as good as I am dreaming it would be! Promise me though you'll go with the double stuffed oreos (reduced fat...wait,that's a huge oxymoron!!!) Anyways, let me know how it turns out!


Oreo Fudge
1 12 ounce can evaporated milk

4 1/2 cups granulated sugar

1/2 cup butter, room temperature

1 12 ounce package semi sweet chocolate chips

1 13 ounce jar marshmallow cream

4- 1.55 ounce Hershey’s milk chocolate bars, chopped

1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

2 cups crushed Oreo cookies


1. In a large saucepan, heat the evaporated milk and sugar until boiling. Continue heating over medium-high heat and at a low boil for about 10-12 minutes, or until it has reached the soft ball stage. (Check this by adding a small drop to a bowl of cold water. If you can roll it into a soft ball, it is ready.)

2. In a mixer, add the butter, chocolate chips, marshmallow cream, and chocolate bar chunks. Pour in the milk and sugar mixture and whip until all the ingredients are melted and smooth. Add in vanilla extract. Stir in the Oreo’s.

3. Pour directly into a greased 9X13 pan and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.


*recipe and picture came from Stephanie's Kitchen

Merry Baking to you!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yum! That does sound promising. I'll have to try making it, or at least have my mom do it. Either way I'll let ya know!

PS. I only eat fudge at certain times of the year. Christmas being one of them. In fact, last year at Jeremy's company Christmas party, I made fudge. Then they requested it again for the summer party, and I told them no. It was only a "winter-time dessert" and that I'd have to find something else. Funny how we are about only eating foods at specific times!

Ingram Gang said...

Do you know that I don't like fudge? I think it goes back to my dislike for chocolate. Actually, I think I may have only eaten fudge two or three times in my life. I just always pass it by. I may be missing something grand.
Just for you, I will try fudge this year!