
KITCHEN AID MIXER - This pretty much sums up my favorite hobby - baking!!! This is my absolutely favorite thing to use. It excites me to no end knowing that I get to use it to make something that I love and that brings me so much joy. This is definitely a bakers best friend! They come in all different colors, but mine is the classic white so that I can take it into any kitchen and know that it will still match!! This is a must have!!! (Thanks Mom and Dad for getting this for me even when I didn't know I would want and love it so much!)
CHOCOLATE - I LIVE for chocolate. My favorite is dark chocolate, but I'll take anything. From warm molten chocolate cakes, Reese's, dark chocolate chips, brownies, cookies, caramel/chocolate covered apples, to my #1 favorite - chocolate covered strawberries!!!!!
One of my favorite places for a great chocolate cake is Nothing Bundt Cakes. The only one in this area is in Southlake (right across from my work; heavenly!), but I think they are all over the US. I would also highly recommend Sprinkles for a great chocolate cupcake!!!!
FABRIC - Now you are probably thinking...she must sew - NOPE! But even better....my mom DOES! (and I must say that she is amazing and so talented at it). So the reason I put this as one of my favorite things is because I love shopping for fabric. I can go into a fabric store and just light up and go crazy. I have no idea what to do with most of it, but I just think it is so beautiful and inspiring. Plus usually I am shopping for fabric with my mom, so that makes it that much better!!!
FOOD NETWORK - If I am at home and have nothing to do, I am watching Food Network. I could watch this channel for hours! I hardly ever go and cook something that I watch, but I often get inspired or just entertained! I have even caught my husband enjoying what we watch sometimes, rarely, but sometimes. (He enjoys Ace of Cakes!)
SCRAPBOOKING - This is also one of my favorite hobbies. It's just so relaxing to me. The really funny thing is that when I was growing up I was ,BY FAR, the least artistic person. I made G's in handwriting, I never took art until my Senior year and usually just got laughed at, but I found my nitch - Scrapbooking! I think the reason that I am somehow creative at it is because I don't have to draw things, but just cut and paste. I have been asked on occasion to make a scrapbook for pay, but I just don't know if I could do that because I like to be involved and inspired by doing them for people that I love. I have said it before on here, but I don't think there are many things better than memories in photos. Is there a better way to capture their beauty than through scrapbooking...I think not! (This can be a VERY expensive hobby, but my rule is to only by products on sale). I have also gotten into Digital Scrapbooking due to the Miles Families (Sam's cousins). It is so much fun! For those of you that have been asking how I create my blog titles, my secret is - DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING!!!FROSTED MINI SPOONERS - I don't have as much to say about this, but it's my absolute favorite and I eat it almost every single morning. I get up, take a shower, pour exactly one cup of cereal and enjoy eating them from the most frosted to the least frosted!!! (yes, I really have to measure out my cereal; not b/c I am a complete control freak like you are all thinking, but b/c it keeps me from letting my eyes be bigger than my stomach!) You buy Frosted Mini Spooners in the off brand cereal section and it comes in really big bags that last a long time. It's the off brand of Mini Wheats, but SO much better! A great way to start your day!
SUR La TABLE - This is the best and most fun kitchen store that I have found. I think their prices are fair (all kitchen stuff is expensive) and they have all the speciality stuff that I can't find anywhere else. I could spend HOURS in this place and definitely don't get to do it enough. Check it out if you've never been there...you'll be hooked instantly. These are just a few of my favorite things, but I hope you enjoyed learning a bit about me and maybe even finding one of your soon to be new favorite things! I might extend my list soon, but for now...ENJOY!!!!


7 comments:
Hey Mandy, I am in total agreement of a lot of htings.. 1. I LVOE FOOD NETWORK! i test things out on Bry he's not that good of a guinea pig b/c he's a really picky eater :) But I am always looking there for inspiration I wish i could work for Ace of Cakes!
2. Fabric is such a beautiful thing, my goal is to learn to sew tis summer, we will see how this goes.
3.My red Kitchen-aid is the BEST This that has ever happened to me!
Hope you have a great weekend and you family is still n our prayers
*keri*
Lovin' this post! Wish I had a Kitchen Aid mixer! It's on my Christmas/birthday/anniversary list! Hee, hee! Awh, chocolate! My favorite thing to eat over a meal... unfortunately! I just bought me some Frosted Mini Wheats... I have yet to try the Spooners. I will have to do that next grocery trip! Great post fo' sho'!
Only 5 of the 7 were about food. Not too bad. You are so right about your creativity, you just had to find your nitch, and that you did. You are so creative and I love how you actually put so many of your gifts to use. Fun stuff!
Yeah, I realized after I posted all of those, that the majority of them had to do with food. Oh so sad :(
Can you take me to Sprinkles this weekend? I need something SWEET!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for introducing me to digital scrapbooking! I rushed out and bought the software last night, I have spent all day playing with it! I am not patient enough to do the actually scrapbooking...but digital, I can do! Thanks. I love the Food Network also...who doesn't (besides my husband, whom I consider to have no taste when it comes to TV). Thanks again!
i thought about you when i went into this fabric store this weekend! :) see you sooooooooooon!
Post a Comment