Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Girls, GiRlS, GIRLS

Girls just want to have fun, "girl-power", girl-talk....that's what this past weekend was for me! Many of my college girl friends and fellow phi lamb sisters decided to travel back to college for a girls weekend! It was so amazing and even better than I could have imagined. It's weird how we are all at different stages of life, yet we can come together again like nothing had ever changed!! It was so great going back to Tech and seeing all the changes that have been made and getting to feel like I was in college again! I just thought studying for exams and writing papers was hard; now its work every day 5 days a week with no summer or Christmas vacation to look forward to - just ONE BIG LONG YEAR!!! (good thing we have seasons or I would never know what part of the year I was in) I would take back my college schedule and those tests ANYTIME (but I would still like to be married; can I do that????)

Can I just say that I have the most AMAZING friends EVER!!! Each one is so special in their own way. I Cherish them each so much and getting to be together this weekend helped remind me of my many many blessings. College friends are different than junior high and high school friends (although two of them have been with me the WHOLE time - how amazing is that!). When you go to college you no longer have your family there and in a sense you form your own little family. The bonds are so much closer. Not to mention that we were all in phi lamb together which means that we are not only growing in our friendships, but we are growing together in the Lord. I have grown closer to the Lord in the past years in many ways because of what my girl friends have taught me. The Lord speaks to us each so differently and in turn we can show each other prospectives of the Lord that we did not previously know! He just always seems to know what He is doing!
These girls are funny as all get out, spunky, loving, talkative, creative, musically talented, intelligent, artistic, and did I mention HILARIOUS??? Each one of them, all 13 that were there, love me and accept me for who I am, faults and all. I could not ask for better friends. So look out for us on the last weekend of April, we might be coming to your city next!!! (We cover cities all over the US - Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, Amarillo, Abilene, Washington DC, Virginia, and Lubbock - kudos to Amy and Brooke for traveling the farthest!!)
I have been waiting to write this post all week until I got all the pictures in (and I mean ALL). I wanted to share just a piece of what we experienced. Yes, we might have all dressed in black, red, and white and took pictures on campus - but you wouldn't expect anything different from us!!! I tried to narrow down my favorite pictures, but it was hard, so there might be more here than you care to see!!! I love you girls and I thank you for a great weekend; I am already looking forward to next year!
SIDE NOTE: Before you scroll down to look at the pictures you must vow not to make fun of us b/c yes we are dorks, and yes we pose every shot!
Texas Tech University
Mandy, Megan, Magen, Ashley
Roomies
Crazy girls!!
MMMAA
Jump, Jump!!!
(I didn't get off the ground much, I am just goint to
say that I got a late start to the jump!)
Gun's Up!
Black, red, black, red (and Amy in the back in white!)

6 comments:

Renae said...

Meeting and catching up with friends is always a blast. It's nice to see how God has blessed the people we hold so dear to our hearts!!!
Thanks for taking me up on my offer to make cookies for my baby shower, I'm due in October so I'm assuming that the shower will be in Aug/Sept. so there still are some months left to go. I don't know how to give you my personal email address or my phone number so we can discuss further the date without it being posted all over the INTERNET ( any idea's).

Magen said...

Yay! Fun times! Good post, great pics. What an awesome weekend it was!!!

The Wilsons said...

Somebody's missing...can anyone guess who????

Sam and Mandy said...

Sarah we missed you. Can you tell that everytime we write MAMMAS we say, minus the S!!! Next year we are dragging you NO MATTER WHAT!!!

King Amy said...

i agree! last weekend was a BLAST!!! and that sarah has to come next year! :) those are some of my favorite pictures too! love you mandy!

Ingram Gang said...

Lots O Fun!