Saturday, April 19, 2008

Softball IS LIFE!!!

That was the motto of the team that we played tonight...they were SER-I-OUS!!! Basically all I have to say about the game is that next game I will put my foot in my mouth and not state any goals (it seems all my "dreams" came true). So I have some good news and some not so good news.

GOOD NEWS: (good news always first) I got a hit every time up to bat and did not get out! OK, I might have only got up to bat once, because we might have got run-ruled in three (yes, I said three) innings!!! But a goal is a goal, and I met that goal!

NOT SO GOOD NEWS: I got a chance to prove myself in left field (that's why its not bad news, but just not so good). Where it turns towards the bad side is the fact that I not only got one chance to prove myself and try my skills, but NINE times (did I mention we only got to play three innings???). Needless to say we were in the field for most of the game, and well it seems that this team was great at hitting. Here's the story: Third person up to bat - a guy, the pitcher to be exact. Sam pitches the ball and it goes straight over my head and hits the fence right before it goes over. So I run (which is the ONLY softball skill I seem to have) and get it it pretty quick. So I am thinking, "Sweet I got some action, that was fun, but I still wish I could have tried to catch it." Next batter, a woman (well we think, sorry that was rude, but slightly true). First pitch and its a fly ball coming right for me....I CATCH IT!!! That's right, I catch the ball, begin jumping up and down and yelling as loud as I can! So far, so good - then things begin to take a turn for the worst. A few more batters later ANOTHER fly ball right to me, this one is harder and higher - it goes right off the edge of my glove. That's where it begins...lots of action and lots of not so good plays by me. Yes, some of them I just had to field and get it, but some of them were not so pretty - I have a hurt foot from trying to stop a ball with my foot and a huge knot on the top of my right knee from a ball popping up and hitting me right in the knee. I scream, can't walk b/c its like I got hit in the funny bone (but not so funny) and that's where the game ends b/c we have now been run-ruled in THREE innings.
So I got what I wanted and I think I can say it was a nice way to figure out that I am just not sure softball is for me, or maybe just left field. I think maybe I should right field next week - they get less action than me (I want to go back to the days of laughing and cheering in the outfield)!!!

SIDE NOTE: Sam played great as usual. Great hits, great running, great pitching, great plays! Too bad I can't be there to help me out! :)

Happy weekends to everyone!

1 comment:

Foster's Journey said...

Hey Guys, I love keeping up with you through your blog. I too, have been playing softball and just let me say that we have not won a game yet, in fact, we have been run ruled everytime. Oh well, it is still a lot of fun. Mandy, you are quite a cook and chef. Everything you make looks so professional. Have a great week!