Friday, February 1, 2008

Living Room

So our living room is still not fully complete, but I have pictures of what it currently looks like. Yes, we still have the beautiful chair wrapped in plastic, but we do now have all of our couch cushions (shout out to April for getting that shipped to us all fixed!). As you can see in the pictures Sam's baby (AKA: new tv) is on the floor. And to answer your next question, no its not going to stay on the floor!! We actually got a really pretty entertainment thing to put it on, but we are just not finished. This too is one of the only rooms that we did not paint....WAY to big and TALL to take on that project...we're not that crazy. But we did crown, get furniture, and decorate. Sam's dad also built us a new mantle so we are in the process of getting that up too. (The pictures that you see below have the old mantle, but actually our living room stands right now with no mantle...looks kinda funny, but I don't have pictures of that). So we still have a bit to go on this room, but here is what it looks like in the mean time. These pictures will also give you an idea of the layout of the house which we have had lots of questions about.

INTERMISSION
(sorry the pictures are so dark...I'm not a professional!)

Old mantle and the fabulous curtains made by the one and only Carol Thomas!! (those are like 130 inches long!!!)

TV on the floor...the big debate...mount or not to mount...opinions???


Please notice the chair wrapped in plastic with the tag still remaining!!




Left: living room into the dinning room Right: Living room and walk-way

2 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

I think mount the t.v. But if you did, what would you do with your entertainment center? I just say mount because it's the new fad. All the cool people are doing it, but we're not cool. Everything looks so so great! It really does. Although I know what great work your mom does (she did help us out at our house) I am still amazed each time I see all she does for you and Richard. I think she puts super-woman to shame. Looking good house!

Julia Soler said...

Mandy your house is gorgeous! Great job decorating...do you hire out? lol, I'm horrible at decorating :-)