Friday, February 15, 2008

hole lotta love

Valentine's was so great!!! Last year we did not really get to do too much because I was too busy studying for my big exam, so this year was such a treat! That's funny that I say treat b/c this Valentine's really revolved around treats! What we did for each other this year definitely portrays our personalities and loves to a "T"! Sam sent me an amazing cake from my favorite cake place - Nothing Bundt Cakes. I discovered this place a few months ago when they opened one up right by my office and I fell in love insanely. As many of you know, my dream is to have my own bakery one day. Well if I ever decide to get in a franchise this would be it...here's the link: http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/.
Then I could not think of anything more that would make my Sammy happy than cookies and ice cream, so I had a place called Tiff's Treats (http://www.cookiedelivery.com/dallas/) deliver him warm, homemade cookies! (if you know anyone that works in downtown Dallas, then you MUST do this for them) So how funny is that! We both knew what would make the other person happy and feel our love - cookies and chocolate cake!!! (we are so fat!!! Now you know why we workout so much; we have to!!)
I did not know what Sam had planned for the evening, but when I got home from the office I walked into my husband cooking an amazing dinner!!! I still can't get over what he did. I mean the meal he cooked was honestly amazing and I wish everyone could try it! Sam helps me out in the kitchen and cooks dinner every now and then, but it’s usually pretty basic. Well this time he researched recipes, went to the store by himself and somehow found all the ingredients, and then came home and cooked it all without any help from me. Let me tell you the menu:

Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon with a portabella wine sauce
Twice baked potatoes
Asparagus - honestly the best I have had (really, I am not just saying this)
Rolls
Banana Pudding - like we hadn't already had enough treats for one day!
Wine

You must see it to believe it (I know! Especially his mother!), so see the picture below. I have to say though towards the end of the evening I think I hurt Sam's feelings. I started asking, "Did you really make all of that from scratch; you didn't buy any of that already made; did someone help you and then sneak out when they heard the garage open???" But it is all true. So it seems as though I will no longer be doing the cooking at our home. Call and make reservations and I'll have Sam cook you up something special!!!

Thanks for all your hard work Sam - you truly amazed me and I love you!!!

6 comments:

Sammy said...

For the record, those are not paper plates....

Melis said...

I had no idea that they had Nothing Bundt Cakes here! Yummy! I love that place! A girlfriend of mine had several at here bridal shower; it was darling!

Comment from Rob, "Is he trying to put the rest of us to shame? He bugs."

I thought it was pretty funny! Very impressive, Sam! What a most wonderful Valentine's Day!

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

Sam, Ronnie and I want you to cook for us next weekend and please cut up my meat.

PS it's true... comment was deleted by author. Guess there's no hiding.

Ingram Gang said...

Wow! That is exactly what Brad cooked for me. Did they have a recipe exchange?
Looks wonderful, I guess there are two chefs in the Sessler household.

Anonymous said...

Holy Moley! This is a far cry from the ole microwave Mac & Cheese (and instant brownies) you were formerly famous for. Thank you Mandy for bringing out the best in Mr. Sam :-)