Monday, July 28, 2008

Grab your date....

because I have a great date night planned for you!!! I have recently received news of two great deals for two great restaurants and thought that I would share! (maybe I should have gone into advertising!!!) One is for a great cause and one is well, a great treat to partake in! So on Wednesday night, July 30th grab your date (co-workers and friends are great) and go have dinner at Joe's Crab Shack and then follow it up with dessert at the Cheesecake Factory!!!

Reason:

Joe's Crab Shack
From 4:00pm-close they will be donating 10% of their proceeds to the First Candle organization. All you have to do is take THIS flyer and present it to your waiter at the time you pay. Now you are probably wondering, who is First Candle, Mandy? Well this is actually an organization that became very important to Sam and I this year. First Candle is recognized as one of the top fifteen children's charities in America. They are working to increase public participation and support in the fight against infant mortality, including SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) and other areas, including stillbirth and miscarriage. They are apart of the SIDS Alliance which have a single focus of funding cutting-edge research projects to understand and reduce SIDS. Most of you know that my niece, Lilly, passed away due to SIDS about 5 months ago and we never want to see another person go through what her parents and the rest of my family had to face. So if you don't want to fix dinner one night this week and want to help out a great cause, I would ask that you go enjoy some Joe's Crab Shack! If you just don't have time to go eat, you can always go to the First Candle website and read and donate directly there.

The Cheesecake Factory
Now for dessert! Honestly I have no direct reason to tell you about this other than to help you satisfy your sweet tooth, but I heard through the grapevine that Wednesday, July 30th was National Cheesecake day!!! I went directly to the source and confirmed that on Wednesday you can go to the Cheesecake Factory and have ANY of the cheesecakes for only $1.25!!! I just couldn't keep this to myself!!!

So hopefully I have helped make your week a little more exciting!!! Enjoy and don't eat too much!!!

4 comments:

Chance and Josey Douglass said...

Ohhh, Mandy!! why did you have to tell us about Cheesecake factory? Now my husband is sooo sorely disappointed we aren't in dallas right now to partake in such a wonderful event!!! eat an extra piece for us!! Chance recommends: Oreo Mudslide! Yummy!!

Sam and Mandy said...

I am sure you guys have one where you are...do you not? I thought Sam told me yall were back in Round Rock, so I am sure they have one there. I could be totally wrong though! If not, sorry to get your hopes up!

Sturgy Fam said...

The day I decide to blog snoop you are writing about cheesecake!
You're right I am enjoying blogging.

The Looney Kids said...

Mandy,

I think I met you a while back at Kristen Jordan's house for life group...but I wanted to see if you'd be interested in either making cookies/cake for my son's 1st birthday. Kristen is taking a break from baking until after the baby, so someone reminded me you did some baking too! My blog is private....but email me and we'll connect. Thanks!

Kara Looney
KRose02@aol.com