Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Project



Me and Pops built a little arbor for my grapevines, and just for fun as well. I found a picture of a prototype that I liked and modified it a bit. I cut cedar to the measurements that I wanted and then stained the wood. Then it worked out that my parents came into town a couple of weeks ago, so it was a perfect opportunity to have a project to do with my dad. Plus I was able to use "the master's skills" in case I screwed something up very badly. :)

PS we did hit a sprinkler line :/ That was fun...

Here is the picture I went by:






Cut to Size:



Stained and assembled:





Installed and braced until the concrete dries:



Yay!!




Next step is to add some flagstone underneath or some type of pavers.

The flowers are blooming in the garden as well. Makes it very enjoyable back there (I'm an old man).








1 comment:

Micahl said...

so, I am reading this and completely did not notice the posted by "sammy" part. I keep thinking, wow, Mandy is amazing...baking and building cool stuff! and then i get to the part where it says "I'm an old man".....and I was very confused. then I figured it out, and laughed at myself. So, Sam great job, it looks awesome!