Monday, March 16, 2009

Arizona Family Vacation - Picture Overload!!!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Sam. We had a great weekend celebrating with friends and family. I am a little behind on things I want to blog about though, so I am going to do them in order. I will post about Sam's birthday later this week! But first, a few weeks ago we took a family vacation with my family to the Phoenix area to play some golf, get pampered at the spa, shop, and just hang out. We had a great time! Since my family loves to play golf, we did a lot of golfing! The first place we stayed was called Gold Canyon which has the #1 and #2 ranked golf courses in AZ. They were gorgeous! I have no idea how they keep the grass so green in the dessert! Speaking of desert, this was the first time that I experienced the desert. I was amazed at the landscape. I have never seen anything like it before! Rock yards with cactus, rock gardens with more cactus, desert flowers...it was all very pretty in its own way. For some odd reason though every time I came near a cactus I had a strong urge to touch it!!! That is until our starter one day told us about "jumping cactus"...I was done with that and stayed away! We also had a small scorpion in our room...that too was my first experience with that and needless to say, not a good experience!!! After a few days, we then went to stay in the Phoenix area. There we went to see a spring training game at the Goodyear field (Cubs vs. Indians), ate at some fun restaurants, shopped, played tennis, and golfed some more! The guys played a beautiful course, The Phoenician, and the girls took advantage of the many outdoor shopping areas that Phoenix has to offer!
All in all it was a great trip with lots of much needed family time! We even ended the trip with a game of Thomas Family trivia that my mom made; I might not have won, but it was still really fun to try to remember all of the old memories! Thanks mom and dad for a great trip!
The guys at the Dinosaur Mountain course (#1 in AZ)

Sam and I before we teed off at the Sidewinder course (#2 in AZ)

Sam

Mom and Dad

Look at the form...just kidding, I am no pro!!!

Mom trying to get up on the green! Look how green it was!

Sam

Richard



Eating some pizza after a long day of golf and laying by the pool!


The sunsets were gorgeous; colors in the sky that I have never seen!
The girls shopping!
Goodyear Field


The monkey's at the zoo. You got to be inside the cage with the little monkeys!

5 comments:

Melis said...

We were so bummed to miss out on Sam's birthday! I hope you received my text back that we were involved in a church activity that night. Glad to hear fun was had, though! He most certainly deserves a special day! Happy belated birthday, Sam!

Awh, Arizona! I hear you got there right after the kids & I left. Too funny! It's so beautiful there, huh?! I miss the weather like crazy! Beautiful, huh?!

Well, let's see if we can't get together... maybe this weekend?

Love you guys!

Ingram Gang said...

In India, the monkeys throw their poo. Do the monkeys in Arizona?
That would be worth posting about.

Glad you had a fun week with your family, I am impressed by how green the dessert is.

Membership Required said...

Your sister in law's blog led me to yours. Y'all made me home sick. Yes that cactus can get you and I hope they told you to shake out your shoes each morning because those darn scorpions can really sting. There are a lot of rock gardens but plenty of neighborhoods with grass which is really odd when you consider it is the desert. The city is actually very pro desert landscape due to water issues. But enough of that I am glad that AZ was enjoyed by your family. Great Golfing and spa's in that state for sure. I hope you got to make it to the Biltmore Fashion Park and to Kierland Commons. If you go again, head up to cave creek and play the boulders and do the spa there. Very nice. Thanks again especially for the sunset photo made me miss home and smile.

Julia Soler said...

Looks like yall had fun! And you look like a pro golfing to me, lol, but then again, I've never played :-) Hope you are doing great and enjoying spring break!

Hooker Family said...

looks like yall had a lot of fun. we went to phoenix on March 18th so we were there right after y'all left. we loved it...and if keenan would have got to golf like y'all he would have loved it even more! :) We went to the zoo and to a spring training game too!! The dog races were pretty good also! :) Looks like yall had a good time and are doing good. talk to you soon!