I wanted to share that I have had the chance to try a few of the recent fall desserts that I have posted. I HIGHLY recommend you try to pumpkin pudding (tastes pretty much like a pumpkin pie without the crust!), and the pumpkin brownies were amazing! I took them to church on Sunday and everyone loved them. One warning though is to make sure everyone knows they are pumpkin because it was quite a surprise to some when they were expecting carmel!! It is definitely a different kind of brownie than you are used to.
I also wanted to share a great recipe that we made on Friday night. I have been wanting to trying something like this for awhile, and although I recently saw that Campbell's soup just came out with an easy version in the box, I thought I would still try it homemade! It was so worth it!
Butternut Squash Puree

1 Butternut Squash
1/2 Stick Butter
2-4 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
Dash of Salt
First cut the butternut squash in half and scrape out the membranes and seeds with a spoon. Then place both halves, face down, on a baking sheet and pour about a cup of water into the pan. Bake for about 30 min on 350 degrees, or until the squash is tender with a fork.
Cut the butter into pieces and place in a bowl. With a spoon begin scraping out the flesh of each half of the butternut squash and place in the bowl with the butter. Be sure to get all that you can off of the skin, you don't want to miss any!
Add 2-4 Tbsp of the maple syrup and the salt and then blend together with a mixer or in a food processor until it is pureed. That's it...enjoy!!!
Recipe and picture from the Pioneer Woman.
3 comments:
I am so glad you love fall food because we are the beneficiaries!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pudding! It does taste just like pumpkin pie filling. Mmmm, good. So sorry Grant was having a fussy feeding when you guys dropped off our yummy dinner the other night. Promise you'll come back when he's being his normal, sweet self!
This puree sounds so incredibly easy. Thanks for sharing Mandy! Now I am off to find the pumpkin brownie recipe that you said you posted on here!!
Thanks for the info, Mandy. We went to one of the LifeChurches on Saturday. We liked it, just wanted to keep looking a little bit and see what else we could find. Thanks!
Post a Comment