During my craziness of preparing for my test I did not have much time to keep up with my blog. Sam's cousin and wife are expecting a baby right around Christmas, so I helped make some fun goodies for her shower. I was unfortunately unable to attend the shower due to needing to study, but I thought I would still share the few things that I made. We were going for a pink and black theme so I decided to make chocolate cupcakes with pink buttercream icing and red-velvet cake balls. I had planned on making so much more, but time just did not permit!! I also tried something new that I learned from another blogger - chocolate transfer sheets. It was a lot easier than I expected and I think they turned out pretty cute. So the little circles on the cupcakes are chocolate that I imprinted with that design. It was pretty fun, but the only hard part was that my fingers kept melting the chocolate!!! Anyways, enjoy some pictures.



Speaking of babies and the grace of God (well I guess we weren't talking about God really), Sam and I are so excited because we are going to be Uncle Sam and Aunt Mandy! That's right, my brother and sister-in-law are expecting and we could not be more excited and thankful. The Lord is so gracious and has guided them through these past months since Lilly's passing. He is now showing them that He truly is the Lord over their lives and that even through the pain, there is still hope and joy for the future. So please keep both of them, along with baby Thomas in your prayers throughout these next months.
I hope everyone has a great Turkey Day and doesn't eat too much!!! We are so excited to go home and see our family. It has been way too long!!!
8 comments:
Hey Mandy! I'm glad your test is over, I'm sure you did wonderful and passed with flying colors! We had a great time with your husband this weekend, it was good to see some Amarillo faces!
Also, I LOVE seeing all of the things you bake and create on here! I have a friend that is expecting and I'll be planning her shower soon (probably for March) and I'm hoping you could do us the honor of being our baker! I'll have to get more details later, but I just thought I'd run that past you as long as you are open for business!
Anyways, I hope you both have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and enjoy your much needed break! blessings-
Colleen
Congrats Aunt & Uncle! That's so great. And congrats on finishing the big test. I'm sure you did awesome!
I'm sad we are going to miss each other............................................................................................ :(
Calling you sooon.
Your red velvet balls look so good. I made them and they did not turn out as pretty. I think I need lessons. What happened to your other background and header? I really liked it. I like this too, but I also thought the other looked great!
Call me when you are on the road. We are free Friday and Saturday.
I commented on your brother and Jennifers sight but I wanted to say congrats to you two about being Uncle Sam and Aunt Mandy again. It is truly a blessing and we have been thinking and praying for your family daily!! Congrats and again, I love all your neat creations!!! you are SO talented!!!
You're so creative! I seriously think all us girls should fly down and you can teach us all how to much yummy treats!
Mmmmm! Just seeing these pics makes my mouth water! All of your treats were so dee-lish! And a hit! Thanks tons for all the hard work you did!
I need your secret for the cake balls. I tried some yesterday for our church lifegroup and they were a total disaster. Any secrets?!?! I love reading your blog, you are so so so talented!!!
Post a Comment