Anyways, I made these cookies, along with some homemade mint chocolate-chip ice cream for a day spent with Richard and Jennifer (it was a day filled with Rockband and the Wii...so much fun!!!). I think everyone enjoyed the cookies, but I think the thought of them being semi-healthy might have been a bad thing because I ate WAY too many!!!
Because you use apple sauce instead of all the bad stuff, the cookies are a lot more moist and fluffier than your regular cookie, but I really liked that about them. They also don't turn out to be your prettiest cookie due to the fact that you use whole wheat flour, but hey, isn't it really the taste that matters???
I hope everyone tries this recipe, because they were SUPER easy and quite the treat!

Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/4 cup applesauce
2 Tbsp. butter
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or crushed dark chocolate bar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together applesauce, butter and both sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a separate mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir flour mixture into first mixture and mix well. Then stir in oats, followed by the chocolate. Place rounded tsp-full 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes.
6 comments:
I don't know if you remember this, but in the dorms at Tech, every now and then, I would stash a roll of Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough in our fridge and just eat a slice here and there. I know, so NOT healthy! Those were the good ole days. :) I WILL be making these cookies, maybe even today. thanks for sharing the recipe!
Oooh, I want to try these! If the pro baker thinks they're good then I'm sure I'd love them!
I don't know about "pro" baker, but I would say that I am a "pro" at eating sweet treats, and I definitely loved these!
mandy - did you ever hear about using diet coke in a cake mix -- you can use one can of diet coke in a store bought cake mix instead of the oil/water/egg...just a thought...i dont know if its "healthier" or just easier...but its another good subsitute!
miss you! :)
I meant to say "Pillsbury OATMEAL Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough." That was the whole point of the story.
I love your new tag! It reminds me of TTU! :) The bird is awesome too! MC
Post a Comment