Saturday, December 14, 2013

12 Months


My baby is ONE!!  This has been the best 365 days of our lives! On one hand I can't believe he is already one, but on the other, I can't remember what life was like before this little guy came into our lives.  The night before his birthday I was remembering hour by hour in my mind what happened exactly one year before, and I could remember every single detail; it seriously felt like yesterday! It truly has been the most amazing year with enough memories to last a life time.  As I look back I can re-call each and every day, and all of the little steps that we conquered.  Was every day easy, no way, but every day a blessing of loving on our sweet boy.  He has become such a fun little guy with so much personality!  He keeps us entertained from the moment he wakes up.  Literally, he starts talking, pointing, and laughing from the moment his daddy gets him from his crib!  Speaking of, this little guy LOVES his daddy!  Their bond is so sweet and I am so lucky be able to be a witness to their every moments.  Everyone says, he's attached to me.  I say, yes, until his daddy gets home!!  Ha!  He is still our little explorer and so interested in the smallest of details.  If one little thing is out of place, he will discover it instantly.  He walks around all day checking everything out.  We like to say he's doing his "laps" as he walks around checking on everything, sometimes picking up a toy here and there (most likely a ball), and just keeps going back over and over!  He is also talking up a storm and starting to use some of his sign language even more.  We saw a lot of family this month, which is always so much fun!  He's always a little unsure at first (as with any crowd), but once he sees that they are still there the next morning, he starts to warm up!  He is already loving all the fun of Christmas with the lights, presents, fun music and all that it brings.  I can't wait until he can understand the true meaning behind this joyous holiday!  We praise the Lord daily for each and every day that He has given us with this little guy.  I pray that I never take one day for granted, through the good, bad, and ugly!  Here's to the next 365 days of loving, discovering, hugging, laughing, tickling, playing, kissing, and exploring with our baby boy!  (yes, he will ALWAYS be my baby boy)
 Happy Birthday baby!
 Winter baby all snuggly and warm
Our first busted lip 

Mom, those presents you put under the tree are just too pretty not to unwrap!
 (I quickly learned to wrap the gifts rather than put them in bags if I don't want them unwrapped!!)  

 Matching mustaches!
 Trying to figure out how this snowman that pops up suddenly works! He would get scared every time, but was still so interested!
Playing with some new birthday gifts 

Batman in his cape! 

Happy Birthday muffin 

 Meeting Gingy! 
Wasn't sure what to think at first, but was giving him high-fives by the time we left!
Checking out the snow! 

 Brrrr mom, enough pics, let's go inside please!!!
Maybe he'll be a Santa fan next year!
Stats:
-Weight: 18pds 14oz (15%)
-Height: 29 inches (15%)
-Head: 15% 
-Still eats like a champ.  There really isn't much that he won't eat at this point!  I am surprised that it doesn't seem that he loves sweets at this point.  At his birthday I felt like he was just asking "where are the veggies"! 
-He still speaks "Judenese" but is also starting to say a handful of other words: dada, mama, uh-oh, hi, bye-bye, love you, no, thank you, stinky, kit kat (kitty kat), doggy, turkey, get you, tickle tickle tickle, and airplane.
-He has always loved his music toys and instantly stops in his tracks if he hears music on TV, but his love for music just keeps getting stronger and stronger.  He loves playing his musical instruments and has started singing.  Simple tunes like la, la, la but its just the cutest.  Sometimes we'll be in a store or somewhere and he'll just start belting it out!
-This kid is addicted to balls, trucks, and toys  he can push!  Not too interested in much more!
-Loves to open drawers.  Luckily he hasn't figured out or able to reach all of them yet, but the ones that he does, he has mastered.  He has his own drawers in the kitchen and bathroom, and if we keep them stocked with enough things to keep his attention they will usually occupy him for a bit.  
-Loves to jump on the bed!
-I think we might have to breakdown and get a pet one day.  If it moves, Jude loves it!  He starts kicking his legs and squealing in excitement. 
-Not all is exciting and good though.  Let's just say Jude is getting more of an "opinion"!  Its not often, but something that we'll have to learn to deal with soon!!
-His favorite game is chase!  He loves to run to the "safe" person and play this over and over!  
-Just got in 2 new teeth, so now we have 4 on top and 4 on the bottom.
-Still wearing size 2 diapers during the day, but up to size 3 at night.
-Mostly wearing 6-9 month clothes, but has started to wear 12 month pjs. 
-Most days takes 2 naps
-Tongue STILL out 24/7!
-We have given Jude a few hair trims this month, but thinking that we may have to break down this next month and get a real haircut.  Things are starting to get pretty out of control!  We could put the back of his hair in a ponytail! It just makes us both so sad at the thought of cutting it; I had no idea that we would be so emotional about his hair!
I pray the Lord would lead our each step as we raise this child of His.  May He capture Jude's heart early and protect him from the evil of this world.  I can already see the fun-loving, outgoing boy the Lord is molding and can't wait to see what the future holds.  We love you baby boy!

No comments: