Wednesday, July 10, 2013

7 Months



These have been the best 7 months of our lives with enjoying this precious baby boy!  We must have been busier this month because it FLEW by!  Jude though changed so much during this month and is becoming such a big boy - good bye infant days and hello big boy!  I had a hard time last month being sad about him growing up so fast but Sam is having a harder time this month!  Its so much fun and brings much joy to our hearts seeing him progress and grow each day, but it also makes us a bit sad seeing how fast this year is going!  Our prayer is that we would make the most of each day and take in each moment that we have together.  The best word to describe Jude at this point is CRAZY!!  He wants to be on the move all the time!!  He has moved from only army crawling to full out crawling.  Luckily he isn't too fast yet, but I know its coming!  He is also sitting up on his own, pulling himself up, reaching for everything in his sight, and has no fear!  If he sees something that he wants, he will lung himself off of anything and anyone to get it!  Ha! Did I mention, good luck changing his diaper or cloths!!!  His personality just continues to come out more and more!  He loves to jabber, will smile at anyone, and has the BEST laugh I have ever heard.  He also does a high pitch and laugh mixture when we tickle him...I can't get enough.  He now has three bottom teeth and seems to be working on the two top teeth.  So far he has done pretty well with teething, but we did have a few hard nights.

These monthly pics are getting harder and harder...on the move!

Smiling up at Grancy

One of the many crazy faces Jude makes

Playing in my jumper! 

Eating at Joe T Garcia's for mommy's birthday
(You like his muscle shirt!!)

Always reaching for something!

Swimming!

Playing!

One of his favorite ways to play on the floor

If you can't find Jude look under the coffee table;
loves hanging out there!

What daddy saw when he walked in the door; first time eating prunes 
 
Must grab the phone!

First time sitting up on camera!

The day I crawled!

Playing in my toy box; he loves going all the way in!

Stats:
-He's still a little guy, but eating like a champ.  He has loved everything we have put in his mouth, but keep the avocado away!  We also learned this past weekend that he loves the squeeze pouches.  I really think he liked the independence of it.  He also loves feeding himself with the net feeder and mum mums.  We are working on sign language while feeding, but he still pretty much lets us know what he wants by banging on the table and making noises. 
-He has a fake cough and will do it over and over; he thinks its very funny!
-His favorite sounds are still "g", "gee", and "dada".  He has no interest in mama! 
-His favorite things to do these days are playing with his toys on the floor and crawling after them, trying to get to things that are a "no touch", tickle time, sings and dancing, his exersaucer and jumper, his paci, the water, walks in his stroller, and being outside.  
-He thinks the wind or oscillating fans are hilarious!  When the wind hits his face he is surprised every time, his eyes get huge, and then he laughs so big!
-We took him to the swimming pool for the first time and he LOVED it.  I was nervous not knowing how he would react, but he started instantly splashing and loving it.  His favorite thing is when his daddy goes under water and comes up spraying water!  It seems he prefers for us to hold him and "swim" with him, rather than just sit in his floaties. 
-We have many nicknames for Jude - baby boy, baby, monkey, Mr. Moo, Monkey Moo, bubs, buddy, Judie, and Judester (I have no idea where some of these came from!!!)
-Still wearing size 2 diapers and mainly 3-6 month clothes with some 6 month clothes
-Most days takes 2 naps a day
-Loves to laugh and make high pitch screams!
-Tongue STILL out 24/7!!!
-Every day he gets more and more brown hair!  I think he may have thick hair like his mama!
 



 
Baby Jude, you are such a joy and I could not ask for more!  You keep us constantly smiling and loving each day with you.  When we put you to bed at night, we miss you so much and always joke that we just want to go get you and keep playing!  The more your personality continues to shine through, the more I can see the big ways the Lord is going to work through you.  I can't wait to see all that you become!  Love you baby boy.

1 comment:

Allena said...

I love reading about Jude and comparing to my girl, Drew, who is just a few weeks younger. Jude is so cute!!