A few weeks ago we went to Vegas for the first time to celebrate our 3rd anniversary!!! We went with our good friends, Jennifer and Jacob, and had a great time! We had so much fun seeing all of the sites and watching all of the very "interesting" people!! One of my favorite parts of the trip was getting to eat some fabulous food! I love to research great restaurants and tend to eat A LOT on vacation, but hey, that's my favorite part!!! We did not gamble much - but we did come out ahead for the little that we did play! I only played blackjack because it is the only thing I know how to play. I did not even try a slot machine until the last day!!! I'm afraid if I started that I might not stop!! Plus Sam was convinced that they had to be rigged b/c they were computer generated!!! Sam played a few different games, but he won almost half of his money playing War!!! Not too hard of a game...just beat the dealer!!! We stayed at the Venetian hotel and it was amazing! The hotel itself was of course huge and had so much to look at; the pool area had several huge pool areas; and our room was awesome! I'm pretty sure it was the biggest room I have ever stayed in. It had a hallway!!! (I really need to get out more) There were three flat screen tv's! Since the US Open was on the weekend we were there, Sam always had the tv on so we could catch a bit when we stopped by the room. If you had all of them on at once it was like surround sound!!! So basically we did a lot of walking, a lot of eating, a lot of people watching, some gambling, some time at the pool, little sleeping, and a pretty good amount of shopping!!
One of the biggest reasons for us even thinking about going to Vegas was to see the Cirque du Soleil - Love show. Since Sam is such a huge Beatles fan I wanted to get him there to see this show. It was SOOOOOOO worth the money!! I would recommend it to anyone, but especially to those who enjoy the Beatles!! Such an amazing show; I honestly don't know 1. how they do the stuff they do, and 2. how they even put something like this together with all that is going on and all of the crazy costumes!!! I kept telling Sam that I felt like I was watching an amazing show of organized mass chaos; I honestly could go back 5 times and still not catch everything!!!
It was a great way to celebrate 3 amazing years! I probably won't go back anytime soon (too many other places on my list), but definitely some day!! And now....PICTURE OVERLOAD!!!
The Venetian
Outside of Caesar's Palace after eating at Spago - Wolfgang Puck
New York New York - fun hotel!! I totally paid way too much to
ride the roller coaster, but I couldn't pass up a roller coaster opportunity!!!
I could not get enough of the Bellagio fountians -
I might have even been slightly obsessed!!
Chill'n at the pool...please pay not attention
to the lack of tan bodies!
Looking at the Vegas sites from the Effiel Tower at the Paris Hotel
Going into the Beatles show

Trying to win some money!!!

I just like this pic!

Bobby Flay burger at Mesa Grill - I had to get a burger
created by the "burger master"
Ok, that's enough...I suggest just checking it out for yourselves if you have never been!!!
7 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time. We went to Spago last time we were there. The food was amazing and so delicious. Next time we go we plan on hitting up Mesa Grill. :-)
I like your pictures! Looks like a fun vacation! See you SOON!!!!
Looks like so much fun! I've never been b/c I'm not into throwing away money...but it sounds like you can do so many other things besides "gambling"!!! Maybe I should try out Vegas!!!!
great pictures! and congrats on 3 years!! ps- the food does sound divine!
Loved all your pics! Happy belated anniversary and birthday!
Looks like you all had a great time! Also, that burger looks DELISH !!
So much FUN!!
But I'm missing your posts. It's been a long time since we've heard from you. What's been happening?
Post a Comment