We have had some great weekends the past few weeks. Unusual for us, they were actually kind of calm and unplanned. After a pretty busy summer (which we LOVED), it was nice to just relax and spend time together. We have made some pretty tasty dinners which I'll have to share sometime (our go-to and pretty high on the favorites list - homemade pizza, ribs, almond crusted chicken strip, and just about anything else we can find!), watched some Olympics (ok, probably more than some), had some cookouts, played some tennis, worked in the yard, and even shopped for the big NYC trip! It hasn't been all play though b/c I have also had some "work". I have been very busy making cookies, 5 dozen to be exact last weekend (for an amateur like me, that's a lot)! Here is just a preview though; I will show more once they have been delivered tomorrow...lets just say I had a blast! This weekend - cookies for a Fabulous and Forty birthday party (oh the ideas are swarming)!
NOTE: Please notice the difference in this picture and the ones you are used to seeing on this blog; that's right, I found a professional photographer. If only
he didn't live in Austin.
6 comments:
wow wow----i love the cookies! you've got me inspired, i might have to make some this weekend! have you been here: http://www.cakecarousel.com/index.htm
i was thinking about going this weekend for some fun "supplies" :)
oh yeah, i by NO means a professional, but if you ever need pictures, I'll come take some....as long as you let me sample a cookie :)
Mandy - you are so talented! The cookies look delicious! I can see you in your own shop one day.
Micahl...first off, I would LOVE for you to come take pictures!!! I think your photography is great! Second off, I have been looking for this place for a LONG time! I have googled it and googled it; I guess I had something wrong. I would love to go this weekend, but we will have family in town. Maybe sometime soon.
One word. YUM. You are very talented.
Too cute! Love the crosshatch pattern on the cones!
Post a Comment