Monday, June 16, 2008

Love-filled weekend

From the celebration of our 2nd anniversary, to a wedding, to wedding cookies and cupcakes this weekend was filled with LOVE!! My incredibly, amazing, loving husband planned a special anniversary for us this past weekend. He is so good at surprises and making things so special. We went to eat at a wonderful restaurant in Uptown called Avanti Ristorante (delicious) and then spent the evening at the W Hotel. We were so spoiled!!!

Then Saturday morning he surprised me by taking me to Frosted Art which is Bronwen Weber's bakery in Dallas. She has competed in several Food Network Challenges and has even won a few times. I am always amazed by her work and even more amazed that my sweet husband found this place to take me (I knew it was here, but I would have never thought he would know). I did not get to take my picture with Bronwen nor any pictures of her work, but here is the outside of her shop! I was like a little girl in a candy shop (but this time a bakery) and on cloud nine in there!

Since Frosted Art was just about looking, after we ate lunch Sam took me to Sprinkles! I honestly can't get enough of this place. If you have not taken the time to go get a cupcake at Sprinkles, get up right now and drive to Preston Center (if you are in the DFW area that is), this is a MUST!! We decided on a Strawberry cupcake and a Banana Dark Chocolate cupcake. We split them each and in about .5 seconds they were GONE!!!

Just before we attacked!

All gone. Thank you honey for such a special weekend. A time to just concentrate on each other and a little mini vacation. You are an amazing man and made just for me. The Lord is so good to me through you, and I am blessed each day.

Then Saturday evening I went to a college girlfriend's wedding while Sam went to watch his good friend Chance Douglass pitch at Dr. Pepper stadium. Congratulations Jeremy and Katie! She was a gorgeous bride. Hopefully I will have pictures to come once I get them from the girls who were clicking away (hint, hint).

I was also asked to make some cookies and cupcakes for a wedding shower! I had so much fun making wedding cookies. I decided on bridal gowns and wedding cakes. The wedding colors are going to be green and salmon, so I did my best to match the colors. For this reason I decided to make strawberry cupcakes with Sprinkles strawberry icing (yes, this is why I had to try a strawberry cupcake, and yes my icing really did taste just like it) and lime cupcakes with vanilla buttercream icing with a hint of lime. I thought they all turned out really cute!! I don't have too many pictures, but here is a little sample! Enjoy!!


12 comments:

Meg said...

You forgot to mention one important thing....

It's YOUR birthday!
Happy Happy Birthday Amanda!

PS Happy Anniversary too!

Magen said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!! And anniversary! Big week! :) Congratulations!!

The Wilsons said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Mandy, Happy Birthday to you! (and Anniversary, but I don't have an anniversary song for you. Too bad.)

The Metz's said...

Hope you had a great anniversary and birthday! Bronwen Weber did one of my friend's from high school wedding cakes and they were really cool!

Anonymous said...

I have so much fun reading about what is going on in yours and sam's life. :) And how talented are you!!!! Happy anniversary, sounds very romantic! Can you believe it has already been 2 years?!? Thanks for keeping me busy on reading your blogs... :)
Tiffany Hooker

Melis said...

Happy Birthday indeed! We had such a good time tonight! Thank you so much for thinking of us!

You & Sam are simply the best & we love you tons! Congrats on two years!

Ingram Gang said...

Mandy...
It is not egotistical to say "and today is my birthday". I know what you were thinking, but you should have mentioned it because you only get one day out of the entire year to say that :)
just messin.
Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary, Good cookies and cupcakes (I like the wedding dresses alot) and way to go Mr. Sessler on spoiling your lovely wife. She deserves it! Watch out 25...here Mandy comes!

Anonymous said...

Your cookies/cupcakes/cakes, etc....are always SO cute. My question is how long does it take? It would take me hours to do what you do - especially the detail on the cookies. But, you seem so busy anyway. Where do you find the time???

Anonymous said...

Question #2 -- your goodies are always displayed on such cute backgrounds. What is that? Mats? The boxes you pack the stuff in? I’m curious as to what it is and where you get them!

Lindsay said...

Happy (belated) Birthday & Anniversary! It sounds like you guys had a great weekend!

And to add to Sarah's post, the anniversary song (courtesy of Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines circa our cruise in 2003):
Happy Anniversary to you, Happy Anniversary to you, Happy Anniversary Sam & Mandy, Happy Anniversary to you!

Sam and Mandy said...

To answer my anonymous blogger's questions:

First off, I am glad that you like my stuff; I really enjoy making it all! As for how long it takes me - quite awhile! Cookie decorating is not a fast process! As for the other things, just go to a craft store (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc.) and you will find all that I use!!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

Congrats on the Anniversary! After looking through all your new posts I am so impressed with all of your stuff. Your cookies and cupcakes are FABULOUS! Can't wait to check back again and see more!