Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Baby Boys

This past weekend some girls in our bible study class threw a baby shower for two of our girls that are expecting baby boys, Taylor Street & Caden James this summer! It was such a joy to do this for both Emily and Mel. Most of the showers I have been doing lately have been for baby girls, so this was a good change! I was asked to make a cake for this shower, and I was so excited because I don't get to do cakes too often. I decided I was going to make a two tiered Chocolate Mousse cake. The bottom layer: chocolate cake with vanilla butter cream and fresh strawberries filling. The Top layer: French vanilla cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries filling. I finished both of the cakes and it was time to put them together Friday night before the shower.....

Needless to say the vanilla cake did not make it on top!!!! I walked into the kitchen to find my lovely husband enjoying what he thought was his own personal french vanilla cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberry filling!!!! Ok, ok...this was just my back-up story....really the topped layered didn't workout too well on top, so we carefully brought it down and dug in!!! Horrible I know. It was the best way for me to take out my frustrations, and Sam was just enjoying being able to eat what he has to smell cooking all the time! So I went to plan 'B' and made vanilla cupcakes with the chocolate mousse icing. I think they turned out really cute and I was actually very happy to have the choice of cake and cupcakes. Here are some pictures of how they both turned out and from the shower.


CUPCAKES

CHOCOLATE CAKE

HOSTESSES

Amy, Jamie, Lisa, Mandy, Lindsay

Mamma's: Emily & Melanie

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Too funny that he ate the top. I am lucky that mine asks me before he eats something because he doesn't want to mess something up for me. I must say it looked delicious and that he was enjoying it quite a bit. Loved your cupcakes.

Reese Family said...

mmmm..yummy cake (and cupcakes)! I bet it was tasty! ...Yet another beautiful creation by Mandy!

adie1983 said...

Hey Mandy, I found your blog through Colleen's. I love the pictures of your yummy cakes and cookies. Do you have your own business? Just wanted to say hello, very cute blog!