Thursday, March 13, 2008

Beautiful Blue Eyes

It has been 10 days today since Lilly went to be with our Lord up in Heaven, and it has taken me this long to really put my thoughts together and write something. I still have so many thoughts to piece together, so many questions, so many happy memories that I just can't express, but I try to allow the Lord to guide me and comfort me. At first I was so angry with him; I just couldn't understand how this could happen to his faithful followers; I couldn't understand why this would happen to parents that loved their little girl more than words; I couldn't understand how such a precious, happy, healthy baby girl could just be taken away in seconds. But in all that the Lord understood, He cried (and still cries) with us, He mourns for this broken world and longs to save us from it, He gives us peace and comfort that only He can give, and He brings His people to us to show His love in the smallest ways. HE IS FAITHFUL, HE DID NOT DO THIS TO US, HE DID NOT TAKE LILLY AWAY FROM HER PARENTS, but HE WILL GET US THROUGH THIS.

Lilly was a precious daughter, granddaughter, niece, cousin and friend to us all. She was always so full of life. Sam and I loved her more than we ever thought was possible. Without having known the love of having our own children, she was the closest thing we knew to that deep love. She overtook me in away that I had never felt before. From the first time I saw her, I loved her and would have done anything for her. I longed to see her all the time and cherished each moment that I got to spend with her - holding her, watching her, loving her. And although we are sad and morn her loss , we know that she is being taken care of by our Heavenly Father. I can now look back and remember those happy times with her and be comforted.

We will cherish each memory we have of our precious Lilly with us every day. Right now I still feel so sadden in my thoughts of her, but just thinking of the way she would smile at me brings such Joy. The Lord's hands are in this and with us all and it is so evident, but I ask that you would each continue to fervently pray for Lilly's parents, Richard and Jennifer, whom we love so much; Lilly's loving grandparents, Mike and Carol & Alan and Kathy; and for all the rest of the family as we go about each day. Pray for healing of our hearts, pray for peace, pray for joy, pray for understanding that only the Lord can give.

I also want to thank each person that has reached out to Richard and Jennifer and the rest of the family. The Lord has truly used you to bring comfort to us all. Whether it was through food, cards, text messages, blog messages, phone calls, emails, flowers, or just a tender hug your love for us was felt. It brings me to tears to see how much love is out there. We live in an evil and fallen world, but the Lord has shown us through each of you that there is still love and hope.

I feel my words are still so jumbled and that I haven't said half of what I wanted to say or in the way that I hoped it would come out, I hope you can feel and know my heart. The Lord is teaching me things through all of this each day, and I am just trying to be a faithful follower and lean on Him. If you get nothing else out of this, I ask that you would concentrate on the paragraph of praying b/c we need others to intercede for us in prayer to the Lord at this time.


"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the borkenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delievers him from them all." Psalm 34:17-19


Last I am happy to say that today is also a very special day - Sam's birthday! Although it is kinda hard and bitter sweet to celebrate in the season that we are going through, this is still such a special day! I love you so very much and I pray that the Lord bless you today on your Birthday!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy,
I came across your blog, through sweet Lillys blog and as an aunt and a mother my heart truly aches for you and your sweet family. But today I want to tell you that you are so wise beyond your years and you are such an amazing example of what we should strive to be as followers of Christ. You encourage me, a friend of a friend, through your grief and your sorrow - because through all of this, you still radiate the love of Christ and the HOPE we always have through Him and only Him. I will continue to pray for you and sam, your parents, the rest of the family and especially Richard and Jennifer. I will be on my knees....
Love,
Heather (Bonner) Ladd

Ingram Gang said...

Oh Mandy...what a great writing. You said so many things so eloquently. I know this must have been hard for you to get out, but your strength really is an example and encouragement to me. There are so so many things you could CHOOSE to say right now, but you have CHOSEN to still bless the Lord and give him glory. What a blessing it is to be your friend!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your post is so beautiful. I will continue to pray for Lilly and her family. You too. I don't know you or Jennifer, but have followed Baby Lilly's story through blogs. She was so adorable.

If I may, can I ask what happened to Baby Lilly? I don't know you, like I said, and I have no clue why this would happen. I have a 3 1/2 month old niece, and well, I just need to know.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Mandy,
You and your precious family are in my prayers. I do not know why such an innocent, precious angel was taken from such a faithful family, but know that the Lord is with you all, now and always. Prayer is so powerful and I hope it brings you comfort knowing that prayers are coming from all around the world!
Love, Monica (Tilley) Curry

My Sweet & Saucy said...

Hi Mandy,
I was coming over to check your blog out and say thanks for writing me a comment, but once I started reading your blog I about started crying. I am so sorry about your niece passing away...that would be one of the hardest things to endure. I was encouraged though by your words and scripture, as I am a Christian too, and will definitely be praying for you and your family.
God Bless,
Melody

Melis said...

Absolutely beautiful, Mandy. Your faith is so inspiring & provides a great feeling of comfort & peace. Thank you for sharing!

And Happy Birthday to Sam! He is such a good guy (& one great pancake maker)! Send him our love!

Rob, Melis & Reed

P.S. I think Reed has actually caught on to your individual names. ;) Kinda fun!

Sam and Mandy said...

I am not sure what the person's name is that asked what happened to Lilly, but I thought I would answer your question...at this time we do not know exactly what happened. It was a very sudden incident while she was sleeping one afternoon. We are still waiting to hear back from the tests that were taken.

Sunshine said...

I have not commented before now because I have no idea what to say! Just know we are praying. I found your link through Amy's blog (I think) and I have been praying for each of you - as an aunt and a mommy - I cannot imagine! We will be in prayer - Lily's picture is BEAUTIFUL - her eyes are SO intense and beautiful Thank you for sharing this post and her pictures with us and please let her parents know and the rest of your family that we are praying! Sunshine

Jana said...

Praying for you and your family continually. I can only imagine what you are going through. I understand how you must feel because I feel that same way about my own niece. It's amazing just how much you can love a child that isn't even your own.

Three Guys & a Gal said...

Sam and Mandy,
I am truly sorry about your loss. I have been praying for your family. You are such an inspiration through your words, I am speechless when I read your blogs and I can not help but cry. You are such a strong woman and have THE most perfect words to say. I pray for Richard and Jennifer so that they have time to grieve as well as the rest of your family. You are such an example of a great Christian. I will be praying for all of you.
Love,
Andi (Field) Satterfield

Hooker Family said...

Your blog today really made me sit and think. I had to read it, and come back to it again. You are such an inspiration to so many and have been a huge one through this all to me. I want to thank you for that. Before I was a mother, I felt the same way towards my nephew Mason that you described feeling towards Lilly. The love you have is unbelieveable! And to think it is even more when you have your own child! I can only imagine the love God has for us. Just know that God has his hands wrapped tightly around you, Sam and your family. Keenan and I are continually praying for you all.
Thank you for your words of inspiration to us all.

Abby said...

I don't know you, but felt compelled to comment. You're post is beautiful, thank you for sharing. I know some of the grief you are feeling, I lost my niece on January 15,2007 she was still born at 34 weeks, and my heart still longs for her over a year later. God has been good through it, He has carried us. He will carry you. I'm praying for you.

Hamlin said...

Mandy & Sam,

We are praying for you guys and we know you are praying for us. We miss you guys and hope that we get the chance to see you again soon.

Happy Birthday Sam!

You are both very special people.

Love you,
Beau, Michelle and Bennett Hamlin

Reese Family said...

Mandy,
I just wanted to tell you that Jason and I have had you on our hearts and in our thoughts & prayers through all of this. Our couples' lifegroup is praying for you and the family as well. I know we don't get to see you guys very often (and we miss ya'll!) but we love you and Sam. You have such a way with words, and it's a great encouragement. You are doing exactly what the Lord instructs us to do - and that is to lean on Him, even when we don't understand. Again, just know that we have ya'll on our hearts and definitely in our prayers!
Love,
Denise

The Blowey Bunch said...

Mandy,
Megan told me about the loss of baby lilly, I am so sorry for you and your family and what you have been going through. I can't ven imagine what that must be like. like most I don't have much to say to comfort you but I think of you all and pray for you, for God's healing, for answers, for peace, and for promises of His glory to be revealed. Thank you for showing hope in such tragity, it's a testimony to God's power.

Keri

Anonymous said...

I was unable to post a comment on Lilly's blog but I wanted to let your family know that you are all in my prayers. Lilly's life has already touched many lives, a testimony of love & faith that glorifies God. Praying that God will surround her parents and your families with comfort and peace that surpasses all understanding.

Brecken's Blog said...

Mandy,
The words that you have wrote were such an amazing testimony to me and anyone who has read it. The strength that you have shown is more than I could ever hope to have. My heart is broken for your family and the loss of such a beautiful little girl. Just know that you are all prayed for and thought of daily! Thank you for sharing your heart with us!
Love,
Brandy (Robinson) Hall

amy said...

Mandy and Sam,
What a wonderful post you wrote. We daily pray for you and your family's comfort and pray that you will feel the Lord's love through this heartbreaking time. I can't imagine the grief you must be feeling- but your words are those of hope, faith and a strong testimony in Jesus Christ. Thank you for sharing these feelings. You are both such great examples to us. Happy b-day, Sam.
Love,
the Garrett Miles family

The Wilsons said...

Mandy, I just got the chance to read this blog, and wow, you put this into such beautiful words! I have not stopped praying for you and your family. What a beautiful tribute you have given Lilly.

The Metz's said...

The poem and your words are a beautiful tribute to Lilly. Please know that we are still praying for both you and your family...

I pray that God's perfect peace, which is greater than all understanding in this world surrounds both you and your family during this difficult time...

Phillipians 4:6-7.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Holly said...

Continuing to pray...I wish I had the words, but I can only say this--The Smith's in Colorado have been praying for your entire family.

With love,
holly

Anonymous said...

Mandy,

I ran across your blog and Baby Lily's. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. There are many people who have been thinking and praying for Richard and Jennifer. Please ask them to start a blog keeping everyone informed of how they are doing, etc.
Lisa