My good friend came to capture a few family pictures at the hospital and they are some that I will treasure forever. We didn't plan it, but got lucky, that she came right when Jude got to the hospital to meet his baby sister. Both sets of grandparents had been keeping Jude at home until Mommy and Daddy were rested! They stopped on their way to the hospital and had Jude pick out a gift to bring to baby sister, and guess what it was....a pink ball of course!! We heard him the instant he got off the on elevator saying that he wanted to meet his baby sister. He came bouncing into the room, present in hand, and instantly just stopped when he saw her in her bassinet. He was in such awe!! He then asked to be lifted up to see her and just stared at her for the longest time. Then in the sweetest voice said that he had a gift for baby sister. It was one of the best moments of my life and one that I pray I never forget. I couldn't control the stream of tears from the moment he walked in. Not only because he was so excited to meet his sister, but because he looked so BIG!! My baby wasn't my baby anymore! He came in got in bed with me and it felt like I hadn't seen him in years rather than days, he felt so big!! The Lord has been so gracious to our family and has blessed us beyond measure. It might not always been easy, but its all worth it!!


Going in for a kiss - he got nervous and stopped with an "air" kiss!
The pink ball he picked out just for her!
Opening his gift from sister; this really won him over!!
Bubble gun, jump rope, and a doctors set...best sister ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment