Wednesday, January 9, 2013

1 Month


I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
1 Samuel 1:27

Jude is one month old today!!! In some ways I feel like he has been with us way longer than a month and others I can't believe he is already a month old!!!  What an amazing month it has been!  Lots of learning, some "hurdles" along the way, but mainly a month full of blessings and experiencing being a family of three!!!  The best part is that daddy got to be home for three of the four weeks! I can honestly say that I never knew or could have expected how much I would love this little man.  I also never knew how much a little baby, that mainly eats and sleeps, can entertain so many adults!!!  He has truly stolen each of our hearts and has us wrapped around his fingers.  I pray that time slows down and that we can stop and treasure each day with this precious baby.  I never want to stop snuggling on him, but know one day that will come - so I plan to take full advantage now!  Here are a few of the millions of pics that we took this month!

Coming home from the hospital
 
My first bath (sponge bath)
 
Tummy time
 
Sleeping in the sun
 
Hanging out with Dad
 
Heading to the doctor

Jude also got to experience his first Christmas!  I am pretty sure the little guy might have received the most gifts at only a few weeks old!  He is set in the toy area for the next few months!  It was such a blessing though because due to the holidays we were surrounded by family all month! Everyone got their Jude fill this month and we got food cooked for us, laundry cleaned and folded, house cleaned, etc by the amazing grandma's!!!  Could not have made it through the month without their help.

Enjoying Christmas day as a family
 
He loved the lights on the tree
 
Mommy playing dress up!!
 
Stats:
-Weighs over 9 pounds - 50%
-Head 50%
-Height - 40%
-Hair is pretty dark, but has a red tint in the sun
-Loves his paci and makes the cutest noises when sucking
-Loves to be swaddled and when we take it off is the biggest stretcher; he has a pretty impressive back bend
-He is very strong for a newborn and is already lifting his head really well
-We do exercises every day and always try to get in some tummy time
-He is a great sleeper already - have even had some 7 & 5 hour stretches.  For the most part though, he goes about 4-4 1/2 hours
-Has moved out of most of his newborn clothes, but still in newborn diapers
-Once we learned the water temp that he enjoys, he loves to take a bath
-Gave us his first smiles in week 4
-Hates getting his clothes changed and not a huge fan of the diaper change
-Loves his swing and sleep sheep
 
Jude, you have blessed mommy and daddy's hearts more than we could have ever thought or imagined.  You are a blessing to us each and every day (even at 3 in the morning).  I pray in all we do you can see the Lord and grow to know Him in a personal way.  Your name signifies our prayers for you: Jude - to give praise to the Lord, and Samuel - Heard by God/God Hears.  We pray that you have a heart that desires to be in constand communication and deep relationship with the Lord, always walking with Him.  My cup overflows with my love for you - SING PRAISE TO THE LORD!
 



1 comment:

Ladd Family said...

Congrats!! What a blessing a child is!