Well thus far I have not been very good at posting about our trip, but better late than never right??? So, our second stop was Florence. After an eventful experience of fighting our way through a city wide protest in Rome, which caused all of our possible transportation sources to shut down, we made it to Florence. I am SO glad this was one of our stops! Although I don't necessarily have an all out winner for favorite place that we visited, this was very close to the top! I loved the this city - loved the B&B we stay at, loved the food (pear ravioli please!), loved the shopping (although I sadly couldn't do much due to time and lack of luggage space - oh the Italian leather boots!) the structures were amazing, the city was so clean, and I felt so safe walking around any time of the day. The views were just spectacular and the experiences and sights we saw I will remember forever...Statue of David & the Accedemia, Piazzale Michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, Ponte Vecchio, the St. Maria del Fiore & the Duomo to name a few - A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Our book (trusty Rick Steve's) called Florence the Renaissance treadmill and that it was! I am not sure I have ever walked so much in my life!!! Here are a few pictures of our time there.






1 comment:
Beautiful! Looks like such fun...we talked about Italy for our honeymoon but ended up in Maine instead, determining we'd go to Italy our first year of marriage. Alas, our first daughter arrived 9 months and 3 weeks after our wedding! So, Italy may be a 20 year anniversary trip!
Post a Comment