Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring is officially here!!!

Spring has sprung at the Sessler House!!! We worked very hard this past week and weekend to get our gardens in shape!! I should really say that Sam worked REALLY hard and I just worked! Like I said in my previous post, he really was out there every single night last week preparing for the weekend so that we could get everything finished. Here are some of the final pictures. We still plan to line the beds with stone, but here it what it looks like now. It may not look like anything special, but you must see the last picture...that is what we started with. Sam shoveled all of the horrible lava rock out, tilled the beds, cleaned the beds, added good soul, trimmed the trees, trimmed the bushes, carried and layed the mulch, and planted all of the flowers. I helped pick out the flowers (50% at Lowe's!!), put the solar lights together, and potted the plants. I'd say that's pretty even!! Thanks to my garden man - your the best!!!


Night view
I was trying to get the lights, but you can't even tell they are on here!

I know this is horribly fuzzy, but this is the only
before picture that we had from Sam's phone.
Note: I promise it didn't always look this bad...winter was hard!!

8 comments:

Missy said...

Very pretty yard. Do you think maybe you could send Sam my way? I only have one tiny little flower bed...

Magen said...

Lookin' good, Sesslers!

John and Chrishtan said...

Your flowers are so pretty, nice work!! I so want to plant some flowers! Now, we don't have a yard, so that may be a problem...

The Metz's said...

Love the red!

Julia Soler said...

It looks GREAT you guys! I've been waiting for a chance to get mine ready this year...now I'm really pumped to get to it :-) My problem is my kids like to plant and they aren't as picky about planting things properly aligned and spaced out....but what can you do, they try, lol!

Meg said...

I can't wait to plant flowers!!!!
Do you miss the larva rocks yet?!?!

Jennifer said...

Looks great guys!

Ingram Gang said...

Nice!
Do your have a garden also or is this your garden? I didn't know if you also planted veggies and herbs. Probably not, but that would be cool. That is what I want to do. I bet I'll NEVER get around to doing that though. :)