Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Love is in the Air!

To get in the Valentine's spirit this week I made some yummy valentine goodies!!! My mom gave me the cute mini heart cake model pan last valentine's so I was really excited that I was finally going to get to use it. I think the cakes turned out pretty cute and tasted pretty good too!! I have no idea what our valentine plans are this year. Sam just told me to not make any plans for Saturday and to not get in our account online so that I would not ruin any surprises! I love surprises!!!

I have been wanting to see some movies. I want to see the following: He's Just Not That into You, Confessions of a Shopaholic, Bridewars, and Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Any thoughts/opinions? We NEVER go see movies, so I want to make it a really good one if we go!





12 comments:

Lindsay said...

Bride Wars is awesome. But probably not necessarily something Sam will want to watch. Of course, out of the 4, I would assume there is really only one he would want to go see. I too want to see Shopaholic, if only to determine how much they changed from the book (although by previews, it appears to be quite a bit). Have a great Valentine's Day!!

Neener said...

Benjamin Button was an extremely long movie (that was interesting but slow) so unless you like sitting marathons, Sam might have to brave a chick flick!

Monica Curry said...

I really liked Benjamin Button. It got a little long, but if I can sit through it, anyone can! I really enjoyed it though!!!

King Amy said...

I thought bride wars was cute and i want to see all the rest too! :)

is the cake chocolate chip or blueberry or something like that?

Meg said...

Go see "He's just not that into you" Lots of different story lines. Some I liked, but some I didn't. (you'll know why) The main character is really cute and I liked watching her. Ronnie saw it and didn't really complain, so I guess he liked it. It has a cute ending too!

Ingram Gang said...

I was just thinking today that I haven't seen baking pictures from you in a while. Everything looks wonderful. You are getting better and better. And you were always good. I'm so impressed by you!

I have only seen Benjamin Button, but I want to see the others. It was good, but odd. Remember that I told you that I didn't think you should see it? I'm just looking out for you. There is one 'tough' scene in there. I just don't think it would provide for a very happy, upbeat Valentines.

Brad wants to see He's Just Not that Into You. And he does not do the chickflic thing. So, that is saying a lot. It has such a great cast that it has to be good. Save the other two and we can go together. Wanna?

The Metz's said...

Your cookies and cakes are too cute! Bride Wars is good, but definitely one to see with the girls...Jason and I just saw He's Just Not That Into You, and we boht really enjoyed it...although I do agree with Megan about one of the story lines. Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's!

Melis said...

I wanna see He's Just Not That Into You. That would be my vote for you.

We saw Benjamin Button & did not like it... just weird. And I totally agree with Ashley. After our loss last year, the 'tough' scene just did not sit well with me when I watched it.

On a merrier note... holy moly! Those Valentine's treats look dee-lish! You never cease to amaze me, Ms. Mandy!

Lots o' love!

Janelle said...

You're cookies are way too stinkin' cute!! I'm dying to see "he's just not that into you," but I know the books is cheesy.

Everyone I heard who read the movie loved it...if you see it give us a review! :)

Amber said...

You are so talented!

No movie advice...I haven't seen one in ages!

Anonymous said...

Sned some cookies and cakes our way! So proud of you on your test and your are so talented as a baker. Find your favorite cheesecake recipe and enter online to win and get it feature on The Cheesecake Factory menu. Go to thecheesecakefactory.com/love

Hugs, Aunt Heather

Amy said...

Your cakes and cookies always come out looking so cute!

I went to see HJNTIY last weekend and I was dissappointed. A lot of the story lines are depressing and it doesn't paint a very pretty picture of love or relationships.

Hope you have a great Valentines Day Surprise!